Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Workout Music.

A couple of days ago I noticed that my workouts had been getting kind of boring. I've been listening to the same songs over and over for a couple of weeks and needed some new, fresh tunes. I believe that your workout playlist can give you a kickass workout out. Something about a certain song, with a unique beat that you can just get lost in it. I'm not sure if they have done any studies about workout music and how it relates to your workout but from yesterday's workout, I know that the perfect playlist can make all the difference.

I headed over to Spotify and listened to a couple new songs. I really like rap/hip hop music when I workout. I like to have songs with good beats to them that make me want to really get my heart rate up. Fun fact, I also have a good portion of Daddy Yankee songs because there is just something about Latino music that I love. No I am not Latino, but sometimes in the summer people ask me if I am Puerto Rican because I tan THAT well.

So yesterday, I was on the elliptical for a good 45 minutes. After I was done, I headed on to a treadmill for my usual one mile run. When I was on the treadmill I started on 5.6 mph at 2.5 incline. After about two minutes I realized it was too slow and increased the speed to 5.8 mph. I stayed on this for the first mile and I literally got lost in my music. Have you ever done that? Literally forget you're running on a treadmill and zone out and then realize you're running at a fast pace for 10 minutes? I did. At this point I was high. No, not smoking the ganja high, I had a runner's high. I was literally enjoying this run. The music was complementing this high so much that I didn't want to stop running.

So, what did I do? 

I increased the speed to 6.0 mph and ran another mile. It was one of the best feelings ever. I honestly did not want to stop running. The only reason I did stop is because I had to lift and I was running short on time.

When I started running on a treadmill, I hated it. I didn't enjoy it. I was out of breath running at 5.0 mph. I struggled with my breathing.

But in all honesty, I remember I always had a good workout playlist that got me through my workouts. 

If you don't listen to music while you workout, that's fine. But you should really try listening to music while you  exercise. You would be amazed at how much it helps you finish running that mile or lifting that last set.

Here are some songs that should be on your playlist.
1. Automatic: Nicki Minaj
2. Whip It: Nicki Minaj
3. Bangarang ft. Sirah: Skrillex ( This was on repeat a lot )
4. Starships: Nicki Minaj
5. What Makes You Beautiful: One Direction ( Watch out Justin Bieber )
6. Church: T-Pain
7. Wild One ft Sia: Flo Rida
8. Still Fly: Big Tymers
9. Til I Collapse: Eminem
10.Where Them Girls At ft Flo Rida, Nicki Minaj: David Guetta
11. Descontrol: Daddy Yankee
12. Lovumba: Daddy Yankee


1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. I have not gotten into running to where I lose track of time but I get into zumba that I don't look at the time at all!

    ReplyDelete