Friend Makin’ Mondays: Trigger Foods
- Are there foods in your life that always seem to trigger overeating? Yes. I also have to be in a certain mood too.
- If so, what are they? Chips, chocolate, ice cream.
- When are you most likely to give into strong cravings? Holidays, traveling, "that time of the month". ( Sorry guys.)
- Are you more likely to be triggered by salty foods or sugary foods? Usually sugary foods but every now and then I crave something salty.
- How do you get back on track after overeating? I drink a lot of water and vegetables/fruits/whole grains.
- Are there any foods that you allow yourself to eat without limits? carrots, grapes, peppers.
- Do you notice a change in your emotions while eating trigger foods? Yes, I feel happy while I eat the food but about a couple minutes later I feel guilty.
- Do you have a strategy to keep yourself from overeating trigger foods? I eat a more fruits and veggies. If I eat a "trigger food" I eat a little bit and drink a lot of water. I am actually getting better at eating trigger foods and not over indulging. That's what I used to struggle with the most but I am better at stopping before I go over board.
I hope everyone had a great Easter!