Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Guest Post!


Hi, my name is Nanci! Thank you Molly for letting me do a guest post on your blog! I thought it would be fun to share some facts about myself…
I just turned 40 this year (booo!).
I have a daily struggle with food and trying to lose weight.
I *LOVE* food, hence the daily struggle.
I first joined Weight Watchers in 2006 and lost 30 pounds, making lifetime.
Since 2006, I’ve gained all that weight back and then some after several rough years. Miscarriage, infertility, bad economy for our small business, and losing my dad… All of these pushed me over the edge with my emotional eating.
Since 2006, I’ve been back to Weight Watchers multiple times, most recently this past January. It does not get any easier. The good weeks make it seem like a piece of cake (no pun intended), but the weeks I gain it can literally send me reeling.
The first time I joined a gym was in high school and I have belonged to many over the years. Last year I decided my gym-going days were most likely over, that it was no longer something I enjoyed (nor could afford).
I could walk for hours on end. In March of 2011, I walked 100 miles. I started running briefly in 2006. I started running again last year and have really found a love for it. I’m not a pretty runner and it’s not at all easy for me, but it’s something I really enjoy. I ran my first half-marathon this past February, the Rock ‘n Rock Half Marathon, and was thrilled with my time of 3:11:33. My next half-marathon will be in November and I can’t wait.
Other than running and walking, I enjoy TaeBo and Zumba, both of which I need to make time for.
It is my goal to run at least 3 days a week. Some weeks this is easy, other weeks it is next to impossible.
I love beer, wine, and Starbucks.  Seventeen days ago, I quit Starbucks cold turkey. I was addicted to it, I was having it way too much, and it’s TOO expensive. This past Saturday I had my first one in what will now just be a Saturday morning treat. I will be just fine enjoying it once a week.
I love to cook which is completely amusing because I used to be terrified of it. I like to try new things and be creative. You should check out my tilapia recipe on my blog. Really, it’s to die for.
I started my blog in February 2011. It’s appropriately titled This Crazy Life of Mine. I talk about my weight loss struggles, running, hubby, our dogs, and anything else I care to go on and on about that is happening in my crazy life. I would love for you stop by, say hi, and check it out!  http://thiscrazylifeofmine2012.wordpress.com/  

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting my guest blog! Anyone who has trouble with the link to my blog, click on this one instead.... http://thiscrazylifeofmine2012.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete