Monday, January 30, 2012

W.I.D.T.H. (One of the many reasons)

Over at Jack Sh*t he does a thing called W.I.D.T.H. (Why I Do This Here). I finally decided to post one of the many reason why I am doing this weight loss thang.

I have never had a boyfriend. Ever. That's not a bad thing but I am 22 years old now and I wouldn't mind having a smokin hot boyfriend in the near future. Can I get an amen?

I've always had a lot of guy friends. I've had crushes like every other girl. But no one would ever want to date a "fat" girl right? We can hang out and shoot the shit and watch the basketball game but that's about it.

I got sick and tired of that. I hated being a third wheel when I was hanging out with people. It sucks seeing all of your friends have a boyfriend or girlfriend.

I realized though, that having a boyfriend won't make me happy and solve all my problems. I need to make myself more confident. I need to get healthy for ME. I needed to lose weight for ME!

When I go to the gym now, I see a lot of the guys eying me up. That wasn't always the case when I first started losing weight and going to the gym. People would stare but it wasn't because I was good looking, they were probably wondering why this 230 pound girl was on the treadmill, sweating her ass off and hopefully she won't have a heart attack next to me while I'm running. Believe me, there were times when I thought I might.

I have worked my ass off for the past 2 years. I have lost 40 pounds. That might not seem like a lot, but 40 pounds makes a difference. I wear smaller clothes, I have more confidence, I am healthier, I don't feel like shit everyday, I don't look bloated in pictures and I am starting to live life more.

Basically, down the road I want to have a hott husband (yes I did use 2 T's in hott). I am not trying to say all I am looking for is a hottie with a body. Of course not! This man has to be a gentleman, he has to get a long with my family and friends, a sense of humor, have the same/similar morals and above all treat me right.(I wouldn't mind someone who cooks food for me and gives me back massages either.)

Unfortunately, Channing Tatum is married. He is definitely eye candy that I will never get sick of though. My other eye candy is Vin Diesel. He is so sexy and that deep voice he has makes me lose it. But getting back to it, I want to be able to wake up to someone who wants to be healthy like me and take pride in what they look like and stay physically fit.

I have lost 40 pounds and I have some more to lose. I just need a man in the future who will want to lead an active lifestyle with me. And if he so happens to look like Channing Tatum or Vin Diesel that's a plus.




3 comments:

  1. Great post! I know I spent my college years dating people who weren't worth my time only because I thought I didn't deserve better. I was flattered anyone would find me dateable and settled for less than I should have.

    Congratulations on your 40 lbs loss. That's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 40 lb loss is fantastic! Feeling better is what it is all about. I can't wait to see what you do this year!

      Delete