Monday, August 9, 2010

It's Official.

Yes, I finally did it! I signed up for my first 5k EVER! Thanks to everyone who commented on my last post, you all gave me a lot of encouragement to JUST DO IT! The race is Aug 28th. That doesn't give me to much to train but I just want to run one for the hell of it and to know what it feels like. If all goes well, then I will sign up for another one on sept 4th.

Today, I started running in preparation for my first 5k. Let me tell you, it felt so good to run. I used to hate running. Like I would rather swim with sharks than run. I just never really enjoyed it. When I started blogging, a lot of the people that I talked to started doing 5ks which turned into 10ks which turned into half marathons. They looked so happy after they were done racing. I wanted that. I wanted to feel a sense of accomplishment when I cross that finish line. I want to enjoy running, I want to love running.


August 28th = The start of something new and awesome!

7 comments:

  1. Tara, I love how you are so blunt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. way to go mol!!!find one for late sept and i'll run with you:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im lookin! What day are you in town again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo! My first 5km is on the 29th of August!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just did my first 5K in Milwaukee in July...hot as hell but so worth it!!! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go, you have much more bravery than I do-I've wanted to try running but I just can't get into it yet. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete