Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Motivation.

Sorry I haven't posted anything lately. I started training for my job at the YMCA. I am a summer rec counselor and training is done every year- we get paid to do it so I can't complain. I've been having to get up earlier then usual this week and I hate waking up early..I am not a morning person. I hate when I have to talk to people right when I wake up. I seriously need an hour before I can talk to someone without sounding like a bitch-to put it bluntly. Training goes from 8:30 to 3:00, kind of like a school day. Eight hours sitting in a chair-Not fun. I've been really pleased with myself, they brought food like donuts, pastries and other junk food and I have not ate any of it. Although I did have 2 pieces of pizza on the first day but I made damn sure that I worked those babies off when I got home.

It's been hard getting home at 3:30 and then forcing myself to workout. I usually try to let myself relax for a bit and then go workout but yesterday all I wanted to do was sleep. I then remembered that picture of myself at 231 pounds and got my ass up and hit the elliptical hard. A lot of time the reason why people don't work out or stop working out is lack of motivation. I'll admit, I have those days too where all I wanna do is come home and sit in front of the tv. But then I realize that is what got me to being fat in the first place. Honestly, how long can you use that excuse before you weigh 300, 400, 500 pounds. Motivation is something that you have to find in yourself. If I wasn't motivated to lose weight, I wouldn't be 199 pounds today, I would be 250 pounds or heavier.

So, for all you people out there that read blogs or are looking for a way to lose weight, there is no secret, there is no magic potion. You have to WANT to lose weight. You have to MOTIVATE yourself, no one else can do it. Sure they can give you words of encouragement, but their not the ones in your body. Motivation is key, if you don't have it- you won't lose weight. Get Some.

4 comments:

  1. Great post! I struggle so much with motivation

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen to that, I think everyone does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First things first. WELCOME TO ONEDERLAND! So proud of you :)

    And, motivation is definitely something you have to find from within. I've found that it's easier to stay motivated the second I decided it wasn't all about the scale and weight. Sometimes, the scale doesn't do what we expect it to, even if we've been following all the weight loss tricks. But that doesn't mean we haven't been productive. I think of working out more as training out. I train to be a better version of myself, each and every day. Makes it more fun that way too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you jess! That damn scale can make or break your day. But either way working out 6 times a week for me, has helped me in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete