Sunday, December 18, 2011

A NSV.

So I've been doing pretty good about going to the gym 5-6 times a week for about an hour. This past friday, I told myself that I should run a mile for a warm up and then I was going to go HAM on the elliptical. Well, at the YMCA where I work out there are four ellipticals. Three of the four were being used. I thought to myself, please let no one come in to take the last one, which so happened to be my fav. I was on the treadmill running at about a 6.5 mph, which for me is incredible. I was not out of breath while running it. I felt good, the legs felt good. I felt awesome. So as I was running an old man came in to walk on a treadmill. He was on there while I was running. I  got done running my mile and started my cool down.

As I started my cool down he got off the treadmill and headed for my elliptical. You gotta be effing kidding me! All the ellipticals were taken and I didn't really want to do anything else that day. So I improvised. I stayed on the treadmill and ran for 4 more miles. I incorporated some interval running into it as well. I was on the elliptical for over an hour. But I ran the 5 miles in 57:15. Never in my life did I think I would first off run, on a treadmill and especially for over an hour. I honestly amaze myself sometimes and that is one of the best parts of being on a weight loss journey. Proving to yourself that you can accomplish something that you never thought would be possible. Anything is possible.

When I got off the treadmill I felt like a champ. And I had the sweat covering my face and drenched on my t- shirt to prove it. Get out there and amaze yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment