Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The journey Begins.

Hola!

Wow, I have never felt so good as I did yesterday. So much positive feedback for starting this blog and my Facebook website Fluffy Girl. I'm not going to lie, I was hesitant at first to tell people about this- but by not caring what people think of the blog and website, helped more people grow too. Don't be afraid to take chances!

As I said in my first blog, I am going to tell you about my journey to lose weight. Now I don't want to lose weight so I can be skinny. I am losing this weight so I can live a healthy life. That's something I think people need to think about when actually losing weight. Being healthy is the most important thing, not being a size 0.

I started my weight loss journey on December 18, 2009. My dad made me a circuit. For all of you who don't know what that is. It's continuous exercises over a period of time. So I do an exercise for 50 seconds, rest for ten seconds and then go onto the next exercise for 50 seconds and so on. I do five different exercises in the two different circuits for a total of 4 circuits. It takes me about 45-50 minutes to complete. After that, I go on the elliptical for 25-30 minutes. I do the circuit three times a week, usually Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I have to say that I am lucky, my dad as I told you before is a gym teacher and he made our garage into a personal gym. We have dumbbells, squat racks, an elliptical trainer, weights ect. I call it the Nitka Gym. It's nice not having to go to the YMCA every day.

The circuit at first made me exhausted. Obviously because I had not been doing anything like that at school. But let me tell you, over the weeks that I did the circuit, I notice that I could put more weight on certain exercises I did and I wasn't out of breath as much. When you notice little things like that, it really motivates you to want to do more and to keep working out. Now, besides just doing the circuit training, I also played a lot of basketball. For all of you who don't know, I LOVE BASKETBALL. I believe that playing basketball all my life has shaped me to who I am. I think that you need to find something you absolutely love and always do it. It doesn't have to be basketball, it could be some other sport or simply going for a walk. Just something that makes you happy and feel good.

I remember the first time I stepped on the scale, I had many emotions going through my head. That tiny scale scared the crap outta me. It can be your best friend or it can be your worst enemy. My first week, I had lost three pounds! To some of you, three pounds is nothing. But when you think about it, three pounds is a lot. To burn one stinking pound, you have to burn 3,000 calories! I felt so happy to know that I worked my butt off and I lost that much weight in the first week. As hard as I thought it was, hard work pays off. It may suck at first, but let me tell you, the feeling you get when you BEAT that scale. Priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment