Sunday, July 11, 2010

Trying to stay focused.

I'm sorry for not having been blogging regularly. Like I have said numerous times before I'm really busy as is everyone else. I feel lately like I have had no time to relax and that I'm like the energizer bunny. I like being busy, but lately I've just wanted to do NOTHING. I Just want to lay on the couch and watch the 100's of tv shows I DVRed. I have not literally sat down and watched tv in awhile. I just want to sit down for a night and watch a show or a movie on my couch and relax. Life is hectic and busy. But I'm 20 years old- I feel like I'm 40 with the schedule I have.

I have been not feeling the same lately. I haven't lost a pound in 3 weeks. It sucks. Hard work should pay off right? I always thought so, but when your trying to lose weight, your body can do whatever it wants. You just have to sit and wait for the results to happen. And that may take longer then expected. I feel like I have hit a road block right now. I'm working out 1-2 hours a day.5-6 days a week. I'm eating pretty well. Drinking a shit ton of water. But nothing seems to be going the way it should. This week Wednesday I am going to Orlando. My dad is speaking at a conference down there. I feel like this trip though will not be relaxing but more about how many sites can we see in a day, which is fine because I'm all for HollyWood Studios and Disney. I have never been there and heard its fun no matter what age you are. But I would be just fine if all we did was lay by the pool. Have any of you guys and gals gone through this in your weight loss journey? How did you over come it? Help a sista out.

4 comments:

  1. I hear you on the frustrations of not seeing a weight loss no matter what you do. I wish I could could give you some better words of wisdom, but all I have so far is just keep moving forward and you will see the results. At least that is what I am hearing from the more accomplished bloggers. :p

    You are doing great Molly. Proof is in the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Vinny. That means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You might be building more muscle which makes it annoying when you are trying to lose weight because muscle outweighs fat. Instead of what the scale says, how do your clothes fit? Are they still getting baggier or are they staying the same?

    Your body also might be used to your workout routine so switch it up if you can. Otherwise eating less calories and watching the fat content especially should do the trick, just be healthy though.

    It is sometimes better to do these things slowly, maintain the weight you have now then in a few months maybe try to diet again once your body is at its new set point.

    That's all I got.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lilly, thank you- That really helps. I have been maintaining my weight. I recently just bough new size 14 pants and my shirts are lose on me. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete