Monday, April 12, 2010

Success!

For all of you who don't know, I weigh myself every saturday morning. I call it the "weigh in". Last week I had gained three pounds. It was a horrible feeling but I didn't let it get the best of me. I worked hard this past week. It was different too because I had to juggle going to school, work and working out. But I did it and I realized how motivated you have to be. I woke up saturday morning and I pulled out the scale. I stepped on and I was feeling pretty good about myself. It took a couple of seconds for the scale to read what my weight was, but when the numbers popped up- I was in shock. The scale read 202. WOW. I had lost six pounds in a week, the most I have ever lost. It was such a good feeling to work hard through a week and the outcome is just awesome. I am hoping to reach the 200 or under mark this week. I don't think a lot of people really understand how excited I am to weigh under 200 pounds. I can;t remember the last time I stepped on a scale and it read in the 100's. I have lost 28 pounds so far and I intend to keep losing it.

Like I said before, losing weight is all mental. Yea, I gained weight- but that didn't stop me from continuing to work out hard. It pushed me to work out harder and harder each day because I have a goal to reach and if I gain weight in a week, I know I will be able to lose it. I'm not going to lie, it sucks to gain weight but when you lose it- that is the best feeling. I've been noticing that my clothes, which I usually wear a large in T-shirts or nicer clothes- they're now getting big on me. I may have to go shopping soon :) I have also noticed that my self esteem has gone up and I'm loving life more. Losing weight has so many benefits, I wish I would have taken my health in account sooner. That's life though, you live and you learn. I hope all of you have a great week! Get out and enjoy life.
The top pic of me is when I weighed 208, the bottom is me at 202. Do Work.

1 comment:

  1. Molly...I just checked out your blog. Good stuff. Just keep making entries, and keep thinking positive. Don't let a little weight gain bring you down, and it sounds like it didn't with a 6lb loss. One suggestion? You should blog everyday if you can. It really, really helps me. Keeps me so accountable. Even if it's 10-15 min out of your day, put an entry in the blog. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete