Friday, March 9, 2012

Being Sick Sucks.

Over the past couples days I have felt like shit.

It started on Monday morning. I didn't go to bed the previous night until 2 am. I was up watching TV. And then when I finally got into bed I tossed and turned the whole night. When I woke up Monday I felt horrible. I ended up going to the gym that day but didn't have the best workout.

Tuesday I woke up and my symptoms had gotten worse. I was able to workout but my throat was killing me when I was trying to breathe and my nose was running constantly. Hence not a fun workout. Somehow, I managed to make myself do some lifting in my garage. I had class that night and I suffered through it but made it out alive.

Wednesday was the worst. I should have stayed in bed all day. This cold/flu literally hit me like a semi truck. I haven't been this sick in a long time. I had class at 10:30-1:15. My nose was running non stop, my throat was hurting, my eyes felt like they were going to pop out of my eye sockets, my head felt like an elephant was sitting on it and the inside of my ears were itching. We watched a really boring movie for the first 2 hours and I was struggling to stay awake. Wednesday is my rest day, so I came home and laid in bed/slept until my next class at 6:00 pm. I made it through class like a champ, went home and went to bed.

Thursday morning I usually have class at 7:30am. I skipped because I needed to sleep. I felt better when I woke up. I made it through my 10:30am class. I decided to not go to the gym and give my body another day to recover.

What I found out was how bored I was when I don't go to the gym. I missed the "high" of coming home after a good workout. I ate constantly. It was like I was never full enough to feel satisfied.

Today, I woke up and new I was going to hit the gym and hit it hard.

I went on the elliptical and burned 600+ calories. I then went on the treadmill and ran 2 miles. I felt so good when I was done working out. Its like all the toxins in my body were out of my system. My shirt was full of sweat. It was awesome.

I got home and checked my Polar Heart Rate Monitor.

Feels so good.


1 comment:

  1. That's a kickass workout right there. I hope that means you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete